PERSONALISING YOUR SERVICE
CELEBRATING A UNIQUE LIFE
For over 75 years TJ Scott & Son has seen the funerals and tributes change.
In our community we no longer think of funerals as formal or sombre ceremonies. Some people nominate a particular colour for those attending to wear other than traditional black or choose other themes to reflect the individual's unique life or wishes.
Funerals can reflect many needs. We are able to suggest ways to acknowledge and pay tribute to the personality, values, traditions and individuality of the person.
We work closely with families and friends to help you create personal tributes for your loved one. Our funeral services bring people together to share their grief and say goodbye in supportive and meaningful ways.
Conversations with your Funeral Consultant will guide you to put together a celebration with that personal touch. Your consultant will be available, supporting you every step of the way, to ensure your tribute and service reflects the true individual's life you are celebrating.
HOW TO PERSONALISE YOUR TRIBUTE
We know from experience that it’s the little things that can make a funeral memorable and special.
You might be surprised how different funerals can be and what options they can include. At TJ Scott & Son we welcome the chance to create personalised services. We are continually inspired by the ideas clients bring to us.
If you don’t know where to start, we are able to offer suggestions – from distinctive music to ways to involve the grandchildren. From placing items on the casket during the service, to how you would like to finish the service with a difference.
Some people know exactly what they want and we help them bring their wishes to life. There are unlimited other ways to make a funeral a special tribute and memorable occasion.
- Venue: How you prepare and decorate the space
- Visitations: Special gatherings and viewing times
- Symbols: Handmade booklets, rosemary sprigs,
dove or butterfly release
- Theme: A colour to share and wear to the funeral,
or a celebratory theme
- Music: Live musicians or singers, or playing favourite songs
- Readings: A famous speech, biblical passage or something
written especially for the funeral
- Book: For attendees to jot down their fondest memory
- Filming: To remember who was at the funeral and have
them share a story
- Green: Environmentally sustainable options
- Vehicles: Our traditional hearse vehicles are not the only option for the coffin to be carried in. We can organise a fully enclosed horse-drawn or motorcycle hearse, or other vehicles of your choice.