Arranging a funeral can be a daunting experience for many people. It is natural to feel unsure about what to do next.
When you choose TJ Scott & Son, we will guide you calmly through the process and provide the support you need for all arrangements to come together.
It takes time to organise and coordinate even the simplest of funerals. The first thing to remember is that there is no hurry. A funeral service is an important time for family and friends so it needs to be planned well.
The first step is to meet with one of our personal Funeral Consultants who will liaise with you throughout the process of arranging the funeral. You will then have a conversation about the options available and what your personal preferences are for the service.
We give you time to think before you make important decisions. You won't feel rushed or confused as we take time with you to ensure the arrangements made are thought through carefully and considerately.
There are a few things to consider that can help prepare you for this conversation:
- Religious or a non-denominational service
- Where you would like the service to be held - a funeral can be held almost anywhere.
- Burial or cremation
- Newspaper notices
- Flowers for the coffin or casket
- Music to be played
- People to be readers or bearers
- Personal information such as place of birth, marriage details and parents’ names and occupations
- Personal items you would like included in the service
- How you would like the service to be more personalised
- How you would like your loved one remembered
- If you need further advice or ideas on how the service may be planned
We communicate with you regularly throughout the process as we take your loved one into our care and help you plan all of the details.
We then arrange everything and liaise with professionals and suppliers to organise and coordinate the service. This provides you with peace of mind and time to share with your family while arrangements are being made on your behalf.
Each funeral is unique so we’ll listen to your ideas and offer suggestions to help you create a memorable and personal tribute for your special person.
Click here to download A Guide to Arranging a Funeral brochure.